Masters of stone and iron, dauntless and unyielding in the face of adversity
- Average Height: 4´ 3˝–4´ 9˝
- Average Weight: 160–320 lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 5 squares
- Vision: Low-light
- Languages: Common, Dwarven
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance
- Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 racial bonus to saving throws against poison.
- Dwarven Resilience: You can use your second wind as a minor action instead of a standard action .
- Dwarven Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the throwing hammer and the warhammer.
- Encumbered Speed: You move at your normal speed even when it would normally be reduced by armor or a heavy load. Other effects that limit speed (such as difficult terrain or magical effects) affect you normally.
- Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move—through a pull, a push, or a slide—you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can immediately make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Dwarves average about 4½ feet in height and are very broad, weighing as much as an adult human. Dwarves have the same variety of skin, eye, and hair colors as humans, although dwarf skin is sometimes gray or sandstone red and red hair is more common among them. Male dwarves are often bald and braid their long beards into elaborate patterns. Female dwarves braid their hair to show clan and ancestry. Dwarven attire and equipment, including weapons and shields, are decorated with bold geometric shapes, natural gems, and ancestral faces.
Although they reach physical maturity at roughly the same age as humans, dwarves age more slowly and remain vigorous well past 150 years of age, often living to see 200.